FT (stands for) Fundación Travesía
GJM (stands for) Guillermo Julio Montero PhD
AMC (stands for) Alicia Mirta Ciancio PsyD
List of Color Symbols to Determine the Impact of Different Activities
This color stands for the different contributions to a renewed perspective of psychoanalytic theory and thinking that facilitate modalities of understanding maturescence and middle age, thus promoting a significant impact that allows the expansion of the scope of clinical practice inside and outside the consulting room.
This color stands for those activities that allow a diffusion of the psychoanalytic understanding of maturescence and middle age towards the community in a simple language and without forgetting the depth of the discipline, also considering individual subjectivity over some reductions that delete the many different ways of psychic working?through.
This color stands for those activities that represent an artistic application and extension of psychoanalysis, as to make possible the diffusion of the perspectives of the psychoanalytic understanding of maturescence and middle age proposed mostly in the context of literature, painting, and cinema.
This color stands for those activities that promote the transmission of the psychoanalytic understanding of maturescence and middle age among young professionals, and among new generations of professionals linked to the psychological field, facilitating the identification and deepening with the series of postulates raised.
Of course, the reader will find that inevitably several of these activities overlap in different color targets, in which case we decided to add the corresponding colors.
- GJM: [Scientific and Training Activity] FT through its Research Group's Director GJM holds a half an hour meeting twice a month (eighteen meetings per year) for the elaboration of the different papers that are presented in congresses and workshops to which FT is invited. Board and staff members attend, as well as the young interns and professionals recently graduated from the different universities for their training.
[12 board and staff members plus 10 interns and young professionals]
- AMC: [Assistance and Training Activity] FT through its Assistance Department's Director AMC offers psychotherapy for middle age individuals with few economic resources under institutional fees. Some staff members take care of the different clinical cases which are supervised by some members of the FT board.
[48 individual clinical cases treated during 2010]
- FT (GJM+AMC): [Book Publication] Para comprender la mediana edad (Understanding Midlife) [a book written without any technical words for an educated public with intellectual concerns], Entrevía Editorial, Buenos Aires
[See cover linked]
- FT (GJM+AMC, eds.): [Book Publication] Mediana Edad: Estudios Psicoanalíticos (Middle Age: Psychoanalytic Studies) [a book that encompasses papers of all FT members, also including the writing production of Research's Group], Entrevía Editorial, Buenos Aires
[See cover linked]
- FT: [Diffusion and Artistic Activity] Film Debate: A cycle of eight annual meetings (March-October) where a film is screened and discussed from the perspective of midlife and aging, coordinated by a member of FT
[25 atendees] [List of films reviewed and discussed]
- FT (GJM+AMC): [Congress Organization and Deliveries] VI Fall Meeting Congress, Maimónides University, Buenos Aires [June]
[See Program linked] 175 attendees
- AMC: [Assistance and Training Activity] Creation, making, testing, and realization of Aiming-Up a checking-up five meetings test for middle age individuals.
- FT: [Diffusion and Artistic Activity] VII Painting contest prohibited for painters under forty years of age (only suitable for those over forty) [September]
[260 atendees] [See the 2010 flyer and the awarded paintings' photographs]